Ultra Moisturizing Body Butter
This moisturizing body butter is perfect for those struggling with dry skin. My mother had severe dry skin due to diabetes. After several dissatisfying attempts with the many products specifically marketed for diabetics, she asked me to create a solution. We developed a delicious blend of all natural ingredients that nourishes, locks-in moisture, and provides lasting fragrance.
1/2 c (100 g) unrefined raw shea nut butter
2 oz (60 mL) jojoba
2 oz (55 g) coconut oil
30 - 40 drops (1.5 - 2 mL) essential oils*
* We used the following blend:
- 4 drops lemon essential oil
- 4 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- 12 drops rose otto essential oil
- 12 drops frankincense essential oil
- 4 drops myrrh essential oil
- 4 drops patchouli essential oil
- Gently melt shea butter and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Stir in jojoba oil and allow to cool until the mixture is opaque.
- Mix in essential oils with an electric mixer.
- Allow to cool until the mixture can form stiff peaks.
- Whip until buttery and transfer to a container.
My mother uses this mixture every morning following her bath. It combats the itchiness and peeling she previously experienced and lasts all day long.
Follow this exact recipe or experiment to find the right blend for you. Thicken by using more shea butter. Add more jojoba or another carrier oil like avocado oil to create a looser formula.
You are empowered to have fun and develop a custom blend of high quality, natural ingredients that meets your exact needs!
As always, listen to your body and spot test before using a new product. Discontinue use and seek medical attention if an adverse reaction occurs.